Design a brand-inspired commemorative poster for Grant Park Summer Shade Festival- a two-day music and art festival taking place on Saturday, August 26 and Sunday, August 27, 2017.
One winner will receive $150, a professionally printed version of the design and (2) weekend VIP passes to the festival, and the opportunity to be a part of the GPSSF branding for 2017.
Suggested Theme & Style Guidelines
We’re looking for a commemorative poster design that embodies the Grant Park community and spirit of the festival. The only element from the festival brand that must be integrated in to your design is the festival’s logo. Making the logo a focus in the poster design is not required – we would rather artists interpret what the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival is and means for themselves.
As for other inspiration, feel free to take into consideration the following themes:
History – Grant Park is to the oldest city park in Atlanta. The 131-acre green space and recreational area is the fourth-largest park in the city and is home to Zoo Atlanta, established in 1889. Grant Park Summer Shade Festival is going into its 15th year and benefits the Grant Park Conservancy, which is committed to the restoration, renovation, beautification and maintenance of the park.
Elements – 15th Anniversary, Nature, Music, Art, Food Trucks, Family, Community, 5K Run
Things You Need To Include
- Required Text: “Grant Park Summer Shade Festival” and “August 26-27, 2017“
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd, .eps, .ai) or hi-res version of the winning design.
- All submissions must be original art/illustrations.
Things You Should Avoid
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use photos, stock images or clip art.
- Be artistic. Take risks and don’t be literal.
- Your file should be 12″ x 18″ and have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Accepted file formats: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .EPS
- .TIFF (or .TIF) formats should be flattened
- .EPS formats must have all type converted to vector paths (traced or outlined)
- RGB colorspace only for upload.
- Max file size is 60mb
Deadline – June 30, 2017 11.59 p.m.
Email submission(s) to: email@example.com.
Congrats to the 2016 winner, Jean Pyo!